Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Bedtime Blessings Chapter II

(From left: Mom, me, Dave, Dad)

We worked on one of my favorite memory verses in all five classes last week. All of my 90+ students wrote The Blessing Of Aaron for a grade as a memory verse and repeated it on their test. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how our folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. For several nights, I'll let some of them speak for me. Boys are in blue, girls in pink, and all are used with permission!

My Dear Beautiful Daughter, you are so incredibly blessed and created carefully in God’s image. I love you more than you’ll ever know. God has blessed you with amazing talents and gifts. He has an amazing plan and purpose for your life. May God’s favor be shown through you and may you grow in your faith. Remember to be strong and pursue your dreams! – Love, Mom (Madison Belcher)

Mommy and Daddy’s prince, we are so blessed to have you in our lives. Lay down and may God wrap his loving and protecting arms around you, and keep you safe. May God favor you and bless you. I pray that everything you ask God for you get. Everything we do will be done with your best interest. You are a gift from God and we love you so much. Goodnight son.  – Love, Mommy (Dessiah Daniel)

My dear boy, my little soldier, my junior. I will do everything to raise you in the right way so that you have a successful future. I want you to dream big. Shoot for the stars. Don't let anyone get in the way of your future. Keep faith in God because all success is within Him. Whatever you do, do in the name of the Lord and you shall amount to be victorious. (Markus Henderson)

My dear child,
How thankful I am to know that God brought you into my life and ever since you have showered the sparkle in our family. I hope you have a goodnight’s sleep and praise the Lord as you wake you up thanking Him for everyday that woke you up safely. I have handed the night angels the responsibility to watch over you as you sleep. Goodnight my love. You will be in my heart forever and ever.
Love, Mommy (Naila Dar)

Sleep is as important as eating and drinking. So… get some sleep. And eat your vegetables. Don't worry about screwing up, kiddo. I’m here to guide you, not judge you. You can tell me anything, or you can keep it to yourself but no matter what happens, I’ve got your back. Now get some rest… you've got chores to do in the morning. (Julia Edwards)

Hi, my baby, it seems a little awkward for me to write a letter because I have never written a letter by my heart. I know, this is really cheesy, but whoever you are going to be, I will always be by your side and support you. Do not be afraid to tell me when you feel down. I love you unconditionally. (Han Tran)

My dear son, you are not only my son, but the son, a child, of the Most High God. I know that you will live your life according to Him in every way that you can. No matter what you do, I know you will do your best at everything you put your mind. I want you to be yourself and no one else. In no way do I want you to live your life in the way I live mine, because I want you to be who you desire to be. In everything you do, I know you will work hard to gain success. Success in life is not given- it is earned- and I know you will earn it.
Love, Your Very Proud Father (Sheyi Ajiboye)

My dear sweetheart: I love you! You're my angel and I would do anything for you. Always remember you can do anything you put your mind to no matter what anyone says. When someone can't do something, they try to tell you you can't do it. Close your eyes and dream your biggest dream because anything is possible with the word of God. Daddy (Jeremiah Simon)

My precious baby, I love you so much. I hope that you know no matter what happens down the road, I will always be with you. Your father and I will never try to shove our faith on you, because I want to see you pick and see that God is the one who is blessing us with everything that we have, own, and desire. I need you to know that what you are going through today will not matter a month from now. Remember that forgiveness is key throughout your life.
Love, Mommy (Lyanne Velasquez)

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: