Sunday, August 31, 2014

She Must..................


Every year, I have my students read the entry posted Friday called The Princess Bride And MookDa's List. It will explain what I'm about to type here. On Friday, after talking about the previously mentioned article, everyone in my Gospels' classes listed five absolutes about the person they will marry in both the positives (He Must/She Must) and the negative (He Must Not/She Must Not). Here is the second installment from the young men. They are high schoolers and all are used by permission. I should note that almost all mentioned faith but I tried to pick one from each gentleman which was different than the others:

She must be reliable. Justin
She must work hard to be the best mother she can be. Xavier
She must be skinnier than me. Samuel

She must be able to support herself and not rely totally on me. Tucker
She must be an outdoors person. Sheyi
She must have appreciation for all senses of humor. Tre'
She must be shorter than me and have good teeth. Matthew

She must love God because without Him, we are nothing. Jeremiah
She must strive for greatness. Grant
She must be willing to face challenges with me. Kirk

She must be a Christian and give me foot massages! Markus
She must be from Houston/California/New York/Louisiana/Florida. Marlin
She must be well-educated. Derrick
She must be fit and enjoy staying in shape. Vincent
She must be open and perfect for my family standards. Jared
She must be easy going. Gino

She must love me and kids. Xander
She must be optimistic. Travis
She must be loyal and honest and have a heart for Jewish people. Josh
She must be around the same age as me. Jon
She must be mentally stable and have good communication skills. Seye
She must be sensitive and maybe smarter than me. Ibe

Applicable quote of the day:

If you would have a good wife, marry one who has been a good daughter.
Thomas Fuller


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com



No comments: